Project passion => powerful promotions
August 3, 2007
The other day I wrote about KDE and how its meaning is changing from one of a simple technical definition to something that’s personal. KDE goes beyond code and toolkits and widgets and source code repositories. There’s a community and a passion and a spark that you just can’t get from simply buying something off a shelf. Regardless of whether you’re a user or an active participant, there’s an investment and connection.
So just make sure you share that excitement with others:
A few notes on the imagery, as this is actually the start of a series:
- Feedback: Almost a self-fulfilling prophecy, people responded in volumes to the first image. Thanks for all of the input.
- Simplicity: Both the text and the visual should be kept straightforward. No need to overly complicate.
- Identity: Obviously, the people in the images are meant to be universal. Whether you’re a young girl in Argentina or a Korean grandfather, whether a Lebanese lesbian or a Portuguese priest, I hope you can both identify with the image, and recognize the diversity in backgrounds and interests within the KDE community.
- Size: Yes, the original images are much larger.
- Use: Fair use for the images (I did not take the photos myself) in digital and print work,