March 20, 2007
This morning, several articles have me speculating whether site editors are just warming up for their 4/1 stories:
- Some punchlines write themselves
- Winning the war against new hotness and upselling to old and busted?
- What, it’s 1998 again? Time for me to buy that new Ace of Base CD and get cracking on Y2K bugs
- The Best Buy headquarters are actually near my office. I can see smoke rising from the tower while Ents are flooding the orc (door attendants and receipt checkers) manufacturing facilities
- What the hell is going on in Germany? Are they trying to build a new EuroDisney ride?
Best part of this list: I’m taking bets on how many readers correct me on my 1998 by providing a full timeline of distro release dates. The over/under is currently at 14.1. In all seriousness, I welcome back RedHat to the party. I ran into them in the forest during the great Desktop Wars of 2006 and they whispered reassuringly to me: I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
Get it, that happened in the Ent’s forest – that’s called a tie-in.